Professional development is the heart of any organization. Organizations understand that survival in today’s fast-paced business environment depends on skilled leaders and employees. Providing the right training at the right time creates an environment in which both individuals and organizations are more effective and efficient.
Five-Step Writing Process
Use our step-by-step writing process, POWeR™, to quickly and consistently prepare business and technical documents. Following a proven and consistent process will help ensure your documents are clear, concise, and correct.
- Identifying the purpose of the message
- Analyzing the “customer” and the context of the message
- Generating content through brainstorming techniques
- Selecting main points
- Selecting and developing support for main points, including the use of graphics
- Choosing the sequence of content
- Making content organization transparent
- Using road-mapping and sign-posting to make the content flow apparent
- Rapidly developing content drafts
- Overcoming writers block
- Employing document standards for effective review
- Using peer review to check the initial content, format, and tone of the message
- Revising the message in three stages to meet criteria for being cogent, concise, and correct
Shipley’s consulting services support clients in three strategic areas:
- Communication Effectiveness: Communication is the lifeblood of every organization. Ineffective communication costs organizations millions of dollars each year in lost productivity. Increase your customer base, better understand your customers’ needs, develop concise messages, and present with confidence to help your organization grow and perform effectively. Our interactive communication workshops focus on both business and technical communication.
- Sales Effectiveness: Customers buy from people who best meet their emerging needs and adapt to these needs as they move through the sales cycle. Learn how to advance the sale and the customer relationship. Improve your bottom line with Shipley’s cutting-edge sales effectiveness training curriculum that spans the entire sales cycle.
- Leadership Effectiveness: An organization’s existing and future leaders must learn how to manage change, performance, people, processes, results, and problems in a flexible and skilled manner. Ensure that every level of your organization has the skills of adaptive communication and responsiveness to create a productive and customer-sensitive organization. Build and sustain a high-performance work environment with Shipley’s powerful leadership and management training and tools that focus on what leaders need most.
Questions? Contact Shipley Training Institute